Wednesday, July 1, 2009

All-Too-Common to House-Husband

Some quotes from the most famous Japanese web forum named "2-channel". In this topic, they listed up what likely happens when they ask their husband to do the housework.
Original article is here.
  • Incomplete dishwashing.
  • Soaked kitchen.
  • Why do you want to buy new item just for one-time job?
  • Too much detergent for one dish.
  • Every question on every step.
  • Scratches on nonstick frying pan.
  • Clumsy way of folding the laundry.
  • One towel for everything, i.e. dish, table and toilet.
  • Variety of spices which will not be used for years.
  • Expensive food staff, saying that "Good cook requires good food stuff."
  • Everything is stir-fried.
  • His room is always messy, so he can't notice when I discard something.
  • Dishes after the cooking. Just prepare them while cooking.
  • Too much detergent, too much water, too much heat, too much spices...
  • Hey, never put plastic doggy bag into microwave.
  • You told me housework were much easier than your job, didn't you?
  • Crumpled laundries.
  • You don't need to keep your eyes on automatic washing machine all the time, it works without you.
  • No ventilation fan. Much smells.
  • Never get puffed up even if I appreciate your job.

       / \  /\ Neatly
.     / (ー)  (ー)\
    /   ⌒(__人__)⌒ \   < I completed dishwashing today!
    |      |r┬-|    |     
     \     `ー'´   /
  • Unique imagination on the combination of food stuffs and spices.
  • My husband is a good cook of fried rice because he puts lots of oils into the pan. It's not good for the health, though...
  • Gorgeous "appetizer" in the midnight.
  • Kettle of hot water for a cup of coffee, washing machine for a single underwear.
  • It's my husband who scratches the nonstick pan with the metal knife.
  • Thanks for playing with kids, but the toy is not for you. Don't quarrel with your kids.
  • My husband is also a good cook of fried rice except for cleanup.
  • I'm always feeling miserable because my husband do every housework better than me. I feel like crying when he says "Why can't you do like me?"
  • My husband can't do anything but he's a good boy because he never complaint about my job.
You know, it's still natural in Japan for women to do the housework. So typical Japanese husbands are not familiar with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment